Author Topic: Rewrite: Error Report Thread  (Read 83759 times)

Darkaird

Re: Rewrite: Error Report Thread
« Reply #600 on: January 27, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »
Hello,
Windows 10.
I installed the game but there is a problem with the text like you can see : http://i.imgur.com/Cmho88Y.jpg?1   words overlap.
In try to reinstall the game and your patch a few time but the problem is still here...
Thanks in advance.

CTM162

Rewrite: Error Report Thread - has this been reported before?
« Reply #601 on: March 19, 2016, 07:18:35 am »
I have been repeatedly having problems installing Rewrite that, to my knowledge, do not fit what has been posted here so far. I have admittedly not read through every page of this thread to determine this for sure, but this is because it is fairly long (over 40 pages), and I don't really have the time or patience to browse through its entirety.

Anyway, the problem I have is during installation. Mainly, the game fails to install. At seemingly random times during setup, I get an error message like this one ( http://i.imgur.com/cXkn0T0.png?1). It's always the same--the only difference being the file in question mentioned when the error occurs. My computer freezes up almost every time this happens, too, so I also tend to know in advance when it will happen, unfortunately.

I'm assuming so far this is a problem with Daemon Tools (I'm using the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite, for clarity's sake) or my own computer (which runs Windows 7 Home), but I can't figure what it could possibly be. I've installed several VNs before (occasionally using Daemon Tools when necessary) without ever encountering this problem--or any problem, really. It seems like a very simple problem too.

I downloaded the game in parts from Erogedownload, if that helps any. My computer is set to Japanese, I'm running it as an administrator, etc.

makiai

« Reply #602 on: April 02, 2016, 04:11:17 am »
Report any errors (typos, grammatical errors, installation errors, etc) you find when playing Rewrite in this thread.

When reporting a technical problem please include the following information:
Operating System
System locale (please say if it's an emulated locale such as AppLocale or NTLEA)
Where in the game the problem is occurring (scene name and some nearby lines if that's easier than taking a screenshot)
Description of error
Steps to reproduce problem
Any additional information you think might be help
Include screenshots if possible
Please provide a save file near/at the problem area if possible (not required but will help a lot)
Windows 7
Japanese Locale
MV doesn't play. I played a couple routes of rewrite a couple years ago and everything worked perfectly., but the PC i was using suffered damage. Recently i decided to get rewrite and finish it, and followed the same steps, but now the MV doesn't play at the beginning of the game, nor via the gallery viewing. when i try and play it form the gallery, it registers and the screen goes dark as if it's about to play, but after a second or two it just goes back to the gallery. i cross checked my rewrite game folder with a working one, and as far as i saw, they were the same. I tried playing the MV from the file itself and it worked. it even had the subs and everything working.
https://gyazo.com/05a1c8fa64ff550cbdc06e3b908d8dbb
https://gyazo.com/8c1a18c20006ab5b59b5b036a179b4c3

Anonymous

« Reply #603 on: April 24, 2016, 03:34:09 pm »
Hello,
Windows 10.
I installed the game but there is a problem with the text like you can see : http://i.imgur.com/Cmho88Y.jpg?1   words overlap.
In try to reinstall the game and your patch a few time but the problem is still here...
Thanks in advance.

Late answer, but for anyone else searching to figure out this problem, I fixed it for myself just now, running the game in WINE for linux by installing the msgothic.ttf font. There may be an issue with your MS Gothic font in Windows 10. Check your fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts)  if the font msgothic.ttf isn't there, find it online and install it. If it is there, delete it and find it online and install it again.

DizzyPatron

« Reply #604 on: September 17, 2016, 12:04:08 pm »
Hope someone knows what this means:

I got this error when I mounted and tried to install Rewrite, ultimately, nothing happens after I get this warning, and I don't even know what it means. Running Windows 10.

imagelesskink

« Reply #605 on: September 26, 2016, 11:18:13 pm »
Hope someone knows what this means:

I got this error when I mounted and tried to install Rewrite, ultimately, nothing happens after I get this warning, and I don't even know what it means. Running Windows 10.
"SetupData folder was not found."

I'm having a problem where the game always crashes right around here:

I'm on Windows 10, this happens both with and without ntlea. This is right at the beginning of the game so I can't make any progress at all.

imagelesskink

« Reply #606 on: September 27, 2016, 03:20:01 am »
Hello,
Windows 10.
Thanks in advance.

That's a file cannot be opened error. The last line is suggesting to run it in administrator mode if you aren't.

imagelesskink

« Reply #607 on: September 27, 2016, 03:26:06 am »
In my previous post I quoted the wrong post. What I said about the error is pertaining to this post:

I have been repeatedly having problems installing Rewrite that, to my knowledge, do not fit what has been posted here so far. I have admittedly not read through every page of this thread to determine this for sure, but this is because it is fairly long (over 40 pages), and I don't really have the time or patience to browse through its entirety.

Anyway, the problem I have is during installation. Mainly, the game fails to install. At seemingly random times during setup, I get an error message like this one ( http://i.imgur.com/cXkn0T0.png?1). It's always the same--the only difference being the file in question mentioned when the error occurs. My computer freezes up almost every time this happens, too, so I also tend to know in advance when it will happen, unfortunately.

I'm assuming so far this is a problem with Daemon Tools (I'm using the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite, for clarity's sake) or my own computer (which runs Windows 7 Home), but I can't figure what it could possibly be. I've installed several VNs before (occasionally using Daemon Tools when necessary) without ever encountering this problem--or any problem, really. It seems like a very simple problem too.

I downloaded the game in parts from Erogedownload, if that helps any. My computer is set to Japanese, I'm running it as an administrator, etc.

It may be a problem with the permissions for the iso files, or it could be a corrupted iso file.

FrancisCom

Flecken entfernen leicht gemacht
« Reply #608 on: January 21, 2017, 07:06:52 pm »
Hi, interesting website here. I have been reading here for quite a while, but now I just registered to say hi.

Perhaps you want to check out my stain removal website, I would appreciate your visit.

Francis

Wachsflecken

4Fornax2

« Reply #609 on: January 21, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »
To be honest, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it was the only place I could find, so I hope someone knows what I should do.

When I try to run the "Run this to make game work!" file, I get this error:

http://i.imgur.com/R6QKlOX.png

(translated to English: "Can't import rewrite_modif.reg: an error occured while opening the file. Probably a disc- or filesystemerror occured")

I have set my system to Japan locale, so that shouldn't be the problem

I hope someone knows what I can do to play it.

4Fornax2

« Reply #610 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:55 pm »
At my previous post, I forgot to mention that my PC runs with Windows 10