Author Topic: Sekien no Inganock: General Discussion  (Read 41618 times)

Balcerzak

• Jorougumo
  • I reject your grammar and substitute my own.
Re: Sekien no Inganock: General Discussion
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2010, 02:10:10 am »
Wasn't it stated that the information machine Thoth left messages for Porshion? I always assumed these were the Hand and Mask elements in the Inner Voices segments.

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2010, 02:16:02 am »
Wasn't it stated that the information machine Thoth left messages for Porshion? I always assumed these were the Hand and Mask elements in the Inner Voices segments.

Not that simple actually.

Inner Voices chapter 12:(Recorded by Thoth, leader of the Western Scholar Society)

Webnovel 1: The Great Information Accumulation Engine 《Thoth》

We have absolutely no reason to believe that these are one and the same entity, although there likely is some connection. My personal guess is that the former gathered all of the info (possibly including actual chara dialogs and not just the arm/hand ones) and then stored it in that Engine.
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

kidlat020

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2010, 10:17:35 am »
I know this VN had many plot holes, but not THIS MANY!

http://vndb.org/t386

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2010, 11:57:49 am »
I know this VN had many plot holes, but not THIS MANY!

http://vndb.org/t386

It actually doesn't have any plot holes, people just think it does because it's a very unusual and hard to follow storytelling style, and because the game leaves a lot of questions open for the reader to figure out (and an unanswered questions is by no means a plot hole).

Shikiller

• Keyfag
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2010, 04:30:25 pm »
They are too used to type moon shit and having every little detail explained to them. Of course they can't figure out stuff on their own.

SergeLevine

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2010, 06:56:14 pm »
Does Gii and Kia die in the end?

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2010, 07:57:31 pm »
Does Gii and Kia die in the end?

No way to know. Webnovels give a few hints though.

Sirf*palot

« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:33 am »
Anyone have seiyuu list for this VN?

Kinda curious who played Ruaha and Ati...
You made Mikuru Cry!!!

Moogy

• TLWiki
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2010, 01:11:59 pm »
Ruaha is Aoyama Yukari and Ati is Noduki Mahiru.
TLWiki owner/admin

DxS

« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2010, 04:56:23 pm »
One question was it ever stated why Randolf can hear the voices, like does he have some sort of connection to the hospital incident or is it just because he's insane?

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2010, 07:17:14 pm »
One question was it ever stated why Randolf can hear the voices, like does he have some sort of connection to the hospital incident or is it just because he's insane?

It was indirectly stated.

[spoiler]The entire city of Inganock chose to not hear the 41 voices because they didn't want to be reminded of the disaster any more, and it was this denial that they later mistook for insanity.  Randolph, as the only sane man in the city (or the only insane man, take your pick), is the only one who chose to keep listening to them.  Not that he's particularly responsive...

Of course he's not the only character who can hear them, so to avoid confusion:
Iru was outside the City at the time, so he never had to make a choice one way or the other, and in many respects remains an outsider.
Kia and Lemure Lemure are Stolen Ones so they also don't count as citizens who had to make the choice.  If anything they're the 42nd and 43rd voices.[/spoiler]

DxS

« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2010, 08:30:50 pm »

It was indirectly stated.

[spoiler]The entire city of Inganock chose to not hear the 41 voices because they didn't want to be reminded of the disaster any more, and it was this denial that they later mistook for insanity.  Randolph, as the only sane man in the city (or the only insane man, take your pick), is the only one who chose to keep listening to them.  Not that he's particularly responsive...

Of course he's not the only character who can hear them, so to avoid confusion:
Iru was outside the City at the time, so he never had to make a choice one way or the other, and in many respects remains an outsider.
Kia and Lemure Lemure are Stolen Ones so they also don't count as citizens who had to make the choice.  If anything they're the 42nd and 43rd voices.[/spoiler]

oh okay then, i knew most of that I just wondered if that was the only reason why Randolf could hear them, thanks for the answer.

Windgesang

« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »
A really good visual novel. I cant find enough little details that add sense to the plot. Now I come with one final question...
In the
『Applause!!Aplplause!!

Ooohh!Ooohh!

Isn't it wonderful?

Record the present time...Clock Crack Chrome!!』 sequence there is something strange in the time presented by clock... sometimes its 1 sometimes its 0, and only those two numbers. anyone bothered to check if it forms something meaningfull in binary? or if there's a pattern?

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2010, 01:50:16 pm »
I tried to find a pattern in it once but I don't think I ever did.

I very very seriously doubt it's binary. Can't spell anything meaningful in only 12-ish digits anyway.

zees

« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2011, 04:26:14 am »
Great game. Thanks to all the effort you guys put in to making the content available.

No way to know. Webnovels give a few hints though.
What were the hints?

Kia is obviously passed, but Gii isn't anywhere at all. Not even a disembodied voice like Kia. I wonder if he died too.
And the details of Ati's wish are left vague. We just know that she regains her memory and calls out to him and that 'forgotten wishes are granted from time to time.' Was it to remember? To meet Gii? Vague but fitting I guess.

Kerkan and Ruaha novella was nice too.