Author Topic: The 'What are you currently Playing?' Thread  (Read 64246 times)

Marche90

• The Man with the Machine Gun
The 'What are you currently Playing?' Thread
« on: April 17, 2010, 12:06:50 am »
You know, I'm amazed that no one has really bothered creating this topic, especially because is almost a must in almost all videogames forums/subforums
Sure, we have the thread about eroges and even songs, so, why not this one?

Currently playing Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (damn, that thing is really sucking me in, I only bought it the last week and I already got 40 hours of gameplay ¬¬, even though it isn't holidays) and Metal Gear Solid (psx, never played it before)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:09:29 pm by Ixrec »
"In my life, I've wandered everywhere... Around this world, hope would always be there."

AQZT

Re: The 'What are you currently Playing?' Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:53:32 am »
Currently playing No More Heroes. Grinding for cash for the final boss battle.
Oh, and I get some HoN in edgewise (Beta keys are awesome :D).

KoiNoDensetsu

• 「この世界の果てで恋を唄う少年KOINODENSETSU」きみのぞヤンデレ~~!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:48:07 am »
Currently playing No More Heroes. Grinding for cash for the final boss battle.
Oh, and I get some HoN in edgewise (Beta keys are awesome :D).

I really want No More Heroes.  I would import the PS3 remake, but it's censored...

Anyway, playing Bayonetta.  Awesome game.

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Bring the world AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION of KimiNozo!!  This message is yandere-approved

maitrenuage

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 12:52:18 pm »
Playing RE5 Gold Edition.
WTF is this shit ? Where is my good old RE ? (ah yeah.. it's dead... remember RE4)

I miss the zombies...
Imouto Ijime - TL 100% - TLC1 100% - TLC2 100% - QC 7/17 - EDIT 7/17

Mohlt

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 03:03:24 pm »
Currently playing Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey via DeSmuME(NDS) emulator. Personally I'm not fond of grinding rpgs, but this one quite fun.

At the beginning of the 21st century, a sudden massive atomic collapse occurs in the South Pole and causing a space abnormality known as the "Schwarzwelt" (シュバルツバース, Shubarutsubāsu, Schwarz-verse), which poses an imminent threat for humankind and the Earth. A mysterious black hole has appeared on the region of the South Pole and is expanding day by day. Concerned of this event, the United Nations sent a group of researchers from all over the world to investigate the area. Inside, the investigators found that the area has been infested with supernatural beings such as demons that threaten to cross into the world.

Made a video, watch if you want
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:58:21 pm by IVXXX »
I want to go on a date! We'll play MMORPGs all night long! And then I want you to confess your love to me by saying 'let's grind together, baby!

Kyon_Geass

• n00b translator
  • Amaterasu Translations Staff
  • Pura Vida~
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 01:02:35 am »
Playing FFXIII, and it is way too linear so far, atleast i dont need to wonder where to go next though, and it is a good game with a good fighting system and a good story, only playing that for now, but i think ill play assasins creed 2 and bioshock 2 in the future

Moriken

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 02:23:27 pm »
Shin Megami Tensei III, hard mode. I can't remember any game where I've had to endure the game over animation so many times. Which in a twisted way, is a good thing! @[email protected]
And from time to time I play a bit of  Luminous Arc II and 7th Dragon on my DS...

KoiNoDensetsu

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 07:33:51 pm »
WTF is this shit ? Where is my good old RE ? (ah yeah.. it's dead... remember RE4)

I miss the zombies...

Ah, I really want that game. (even though it looks crappy compared to 4...)  Do you have the PS3 version?  I'm planning on getting it once Capcom sells it cheaper.

Currently playing Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey via DeSmuME(NDS) emulator. Personally I'm not fond of grinding rpgs, but this one quite fun.

BAD!!!  BUY THE GAME OF YOUR COUNTRY!! >_< (assuming you live where it can be purchased easily)
But yes, Strange Journey seems to be fun.  I went crazy and bought a lot of games recently, so  I have it stalled.

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Bring the world AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION of KimiNozo!!  This message is yandere-approved

Mohlt

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 09:29:40 am »
>assuming you live where it can be purchased easily
>purchased easily

Not only that game selection is very scarce, but they cost up to 1.5 more than in western Europe/USA. Oh, last but not least... average Lithuanian's salary is 1/6 - 1/4 of western Europe's/USA's :D

Hmm, only legal PC gaming somewhat alive here... thanks to russians. They sell cheap (8-18$ for the latest games) legal CD-keys.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:12:20 pm by IVXXX »
I want to go on a date! We'll play MMORPGs all night long! And then I want you to confess your love to me by saying 'let's grind together, baby!

beliar

• Carnival of Sin
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:57:08 am »
So IVXXX is a fellow Lithuanian, eh? I find that surprising. Thought no one here knows what a VN is and what it is eaten with.
On topic I am currently playing Red Alert 3 Uprising. Surprisingly I like it despite bad reviews. Makes me wonder if C&C4 is as bad as everyone says it is.
Which part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" do you not understand?

maitrenuage

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:22 am »

I miss the zombies...

Ah, I really want that game. (even though it looks crappy compared to 4...)  Do you have the PS3 version?  I'm planning on getting it once Capcom sells it cheaper.

Yes, I have the PS3 version (I only have this one and Valkyria CHronicles for now).

Cheaper ? It only costs 30€. I don't think it will be even cheaper very soon (if you want it new).

Later I'm going to buy Star Ocean, FF13 and Agarest.

KoiNoDensetsu

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:57 am »

I miss the zombies...

Yes, I have the PS3 version (I only have this one and Valkyria CHronicles for now).

Cheaper ? It only costs 30€. I don't think it will be even cheaper very soon (if you want it new).

Later I'm going to buy Star Ocean, FF13 and Agarest.

It costs $50 here.  However, most mainstream games tend to eventually go on sale once they have been out long enough. (at least here in America)  Bioshoch (for example) originally sold for $60, but now it is only $20 or less.  I have Veronia X (way too hard... >_>) and 0 to tide me over, so I'll wait for it to drop for now.

On a side note, how is Valkyrie Chronicles?  I have heard really good things about it, but recent SRPGS haven't been that great imo.

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

maitrenuage

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 02:16:57 pm »
The battle system is awesome for a tactical RPG.
It's just unfortunate you can't level up and boost only one character.

If you like the anime you won't be disapointed by the story.

Of course you have to play it with the japanese voices (Lelouch !!!!!! :D)

X-Calibar

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 03:17:32 pm »
I just finished Iji the other day [Extreme, Ultimortal, Sudden Death, Ribbons, and secrets unlocked]!
The prize for all of that was...

Something that made me :

I might make a video of it XD  and some of those really tough fights...

Catastrophe

• CONFOUND these ponies
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 11:26:47 pm »
Of course you have to play it with the japanese voices (Lelouch !!!!!! :D)
this

FF XIII arrived on me last tuesday... so im afraid for my academic performance for whats left of semester <_<
still moving (more like crawling ¬¬) on BlazBlue's story mode, Tao is awesome
"Do you believe in the world they made for you
Do you belong or do you try to
Erase yourself just to pass as one of them,
a different day today, and that was then"