Author Topic: The Second Reproduction English Patch Release - Discussion & Error Report Thread  (Read 171871 times)

Sheeta

• The British One
  • Amaterasu Translations Staff
    • Winter Confetti
==The Second Reproduction - English Translation Patch version 0.99b==
Brought to you by Ate the Moon Translations

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?7u3co130vli3bmt

Patch 0.99b fixes the following:
  • The crash in the second theatre segment.
  • The weird error in the church where Christina's line pops up before Shade's finishes.
  • A few minor typos I found.
  • Also now includes a walkthrough!

WARNING: Applying this version of the patch after using the old one WILL render most of your saves useless. This is a problem with Onscripter, and is sadly beyond my control. I recommend you finish the route you're on before downloading the new patch, and get ready to make good use of the ctrl key (which skips text).

The good news is, it'll still remember what routes you've finished, and what scenes you have/haven't seen, so you don't have to start from scratch.

For those who don't want to use a walkthrough, but need a bit of help, here are some hints:
[spoiler]For Gardis and Lezette: Always click on a location with a pink !, and follow the hints in the 'hints' section. The blue !s show something amusing, but nothing vital.
To get Jin's end, buy a rope at the toy shop ;) No seriously, you do need to buy a rope at the toy shop.[/spoiler]

--Installation Instructions
You will need Japanese locale for this game. Please don't use Applocale. If you don't know how to put your computer into Japanese locale, then please see this handy guide: http://sumika.bunbunmaru.com/HOW_DO_I_READ_VNS.txt
1) Unzip the patch. You should get a folder called 'TSR Patch - English v0.99b' with the files inside.
2) Place the folder inside the original game's directory. Do not overwrite the original game files. The file path should look like this: 'C:\Program Files\SR\TSR Patch - English v0.99b\[English] The Second Reproduction.exe'. Any folders between the original game directory and the patch folder will cause an error.
3) Double-click '[English] The Second Reproduction.exe' to play.
It's basically the same as Umineko's patch before they made an installer, if that helps.

The game is partially voiced. If you aren't getting voices during the After Story, then you need to download the 'Valentines Day' patch. As this was designed to append the original Japanese release, you just overwrite the original files in the game directory this time. You don't have to alter the English patch folder.

--Known Errors (as of patch 0.99b)
  • Wordwrapping in the backlog is broken.
  • After you choose whether to give Gardis/Lezette a present or not, you get a blank line before the text resumes.
  • The round and month numbers don't show up during the grocery shop segment.
  • The dates on the save files are American style, and say wacky things like 14 o'clock. This is because changing them was too much hassle for something so minor.
Please report any errors you find here. Remember that the game uses British English.

--Common Issues
Q. I double clicked the English exe, and the screen flashed twice and closed itself. What went wrong?
A. You've overwritten the original files when installing the English Patch. Reinstall the game and be sure to follow my instructions properly. Remember that the English patch must be in its own folder in the game directory.

Q. The sound suddenly disappeared! Help!
A. Press 'm'. This toggles the volume on and off, and you might have hit it by accident while playing. If this doesn't work, delete your save data.

Have fun~
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:19:43 am by Sheeta »

justinefremlouw

wait, doesn't the valentine's patch add a new Valentine’s day scenario?
So shouldn't everyone install it?

also, any walkthrough available?

Sheeta

• The British One
    • Winter Confetti
The 'Valentines Day patch' text is included in the English patch, since we used its nscript.dat for the translation. The CGs and voices for the V-Day patch, however, came in a seperate arc.nsa file (called arc1.nsa, oddly enough). Since including that arc.nsa in the English patch made the rar several times bigger, and since most copies floating around the net have the patch bundled with them anyway, I decided to not include it in the English patch. If you don't have it, then just use the download link provided.

(You can still play the After Story without arc1.nsa btw, you just won't get any voices or new CGs. All the sprites, backgrounds and music are recycled from the main game.)

I might write a walkthrough in the future, but not anytime soon since a lot of uni deadlines are happening this week.

Liesel

I had a lot of fun playing this game! Thanks to everyone who made this patch possible. ;D
In month 2 round 2 the game crashed when I tried to help out at the theater. There are a few minor spelling mistakes, which are hardly worth mentioning. Apart from it the patch works just fine.

justinefremlouw

The 'Valentines Day patch' text is included in the English patch, since we used its nscript.dat for the translation. The CGs and voices for the V-Day patch, however, came in a seperate arc.nsa file (called arc1.nsa, oddly enough). Since including that arc.nsa in the English patch made the rar several times bigger, and since most copies floating around the net have the patch bundled with them anyway, I decided to not include it in the English patch. If you don't have it, then just use the download link provided.

(You can still play the After Story without arc1.nsa btw, you just won't get any voices or new CGs. All the sprites, backgrounds and music are recycled from the main game.)

I might write a walkthrough in the future, but not anytime soon since a lot of uni deadlines are happening this week.

alright, I just wanted to clarify since it seemed like FP seems like the valentine's patch was a bug fixing patch for voices

thanks for the patch and TL!  I haven't played it yet, but tested it to make sure it was working...kinda ominous that the game starts bloody

Vibeke

In month 2 round 2 the game crashed when I tried to help out at the theater.

I have the same problem :( Is it necessary to help the theatre in order to complete the game?

Sheeta

• The British One
    • Winter Confetti
In month 2 round 2 the game crashed when I tried to help out at the theater.

I have the same problem :( Is it necessary to help the theatre in order to complete the game?

Can you guys take a screenshot when it crashes, and tell me what locale you're using? Thanks.

moichispa

Thank you for the translation and editing work people.

I shall tell you if I find bugs on the game.

Liesel

Hi Sheeta,

the locale ought to be japanese. I tried making a screenshot, hopefully you can see it.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:38:02 am by kViN »

kidlat020

finished my first ending (ending 2) man that was some serious shit. It was definitely fitting, but still left me cringing.

predictable plot devices but good thing they executed those brilliantly. this VN is MLA-tier but on a lower level. about 2 levels lower.

OH YEAH! I encountered that error as well, Sheeta.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:03:55 pm by kidlat020 »

Aaeru

wow only just noticed this

congratz guys~

Helen

I was curious to see if is a walkthrough for this game? So far, I've been getting the bad endings, and I'm not the only one either. If there is a guide I'd really appreciate it if anyone would post it and I'll help spread the word. 

Sheeta

• The British One
    • Winter Confetti
Good news, I've found out what's been causing the crash. The other good news is that so long as you get the four-coloured col after your first theatre visit, you *can* complete the game (ie get a good end for your chosen bishie) without having to go back again. So those of you who want to keep playing asap, you can~

I'm also writing a walkthrough, but until then, just always click on the locations with ! on them (pink means it's more urgent), follow the stuff in the 'hints' section and give presents to your bf (he especially likes dolls of you. Lots of them, in fact).

kidlat020

^
is patch 0.99b available?

Obcura

where exactly do i buy or download the original game?