Author Topic: Rewrite: General Discussion  (Read 160020 times)

Ixrec

• Administrator
Rewrite: General Discussion
« on: June 08, 2012, 05:59:43 pm »
For now, stick to talking about the common route.  Speculation is welcome but no spoilers for later parts of the game, tagged or otherwise.  Spoiler tags should be used strictly for things revealed within the common route.

Obviously that's outdated. Talk about whatever.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:58:27 am by Ixrec »
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

Fhoenix

Re: Rewrite: General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:30:54 pm »
Ok. May I be the first to say "Thank you"?  :) I just started reading. To tell you the truth, I was not expecting much: Rewrite had so much hype. Turns out, having low expectations is the best. This is such a pleasant suprise. So thank you for this chance to read it.

Btw I had a choice with two of the three options grayed out. Was it like this in the original?

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 05:51:05 pm »
Yes.  That's how it stops you from getting on the Shizuru/Akane routes on your first playthrough.

And  yeah, low expectations are always better.  I've seen far, far too many people claim to hate something just because it didn't do something they had arbitrarily decided it must do in order to be good.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:53:08 pm by Ixrec »

Fhoenix

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »
I have to say, at the part where [spoiler]Kotarou asks Esaka, why the guys at the ramen mention familiars, and Esaka replies "Oh, we simply play games too much, and can't distinguish them from reality sometime"[/spoiler], I made a mental equivalent of a standing ovation. Is there any particular reason why "familiar" was chosen for まもの?

Yes.  That's how it stops you from getting on the Shizuru/Akane routes on your first playthrough.
I would prefer if they hid that choice until a second playthrough. :) I mean, it's alright if Kotarou does not know the answer, he actually has a pretty solid reasoning. But as a player, I know, what I would choose. Saying that I don't, feels weird. When Akane gets disappointed, it's like a double blow  :)

Ixrec, do you have a personal ranking for the main heroines? Any chance you would translate Lucia or Akane's route next? ;) I guess you would choose the most natural progression. But... well, one can hope.

p.s. I just love to wonder, what will happen, when that delicious clock at the bottom left goes full circle.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:26:03 pm by Fhoenix »

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »
>Is there any particular reason why "familiar" was chosen for まもの?

[spoiler]
I wanted to avoid any overly generic word like "monster" or "demon", because unlike in Japanese such words in English come with a lot of annoying baggage in the form of false implications (e.g., "demons" is off because they have nothing to do with hell or any sort of evil deity).  So, the most distinctive thing that all mamono have in common is that
[spoiler]humans have to construct them and then summon a spirit into them.[/spoiler]
The English word "familiar" comes by far the closest to implying this much more accurate nuance, since it refers to a summoned creature that serves/obeys the summoning human.
[/spoiler]

The next partial patch is going to have all five character routes, so what order I do them in only affects the people on staff who will be working on it before that release (admittedly almost everyone in Amaterasu is focusing more on Baldr Sky, hence the ludicrous number of typos in Rewrite right now).  At the moment we haven't decided what we'll do after Kotori, nor is there any real need to.

AgeXV

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »
I would like to say Thank you very much for the common patch release :)

I commented on your blog post asking about the patch releases. Ignore that, I looked here and found my answer xD

About the game itself, what is that compass/clock thing on the bottom left corner in the game?

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:30 pm »
That's for you to figure out.

Raze46

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
do i need to reinstall rewrite?? cos after i patch it the game won't play...

AgeXV

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 09:16:06 pm »
Managed to figure out from a second playthrough :P

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 09:23:51 pm »
do i need to reinstall rewrite?? cos after i patch it the game won't play...

Try the exe linked in the error report thread.

bahamut zero

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Does the common route end on october 31? Because it goes back to the menu screen for me there...

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 10:34:11 pm »
Only if you get the bad end.

bahamut zero

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:50 pm »
Okay, so it is a bad end...
I already started playing again from the very beginning only to end up there again. Are there certain choices I should not take? I also tried googleing for a walkthrough, but there are only japanese ones ;__;

Rinali

• 。。。なかなか頑張ったんだね
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:49 pm »
Only one bad end?
触れあうことなくても確かに触れあってたよ

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 11:18:20 pm »
In the common route, yes only one.

As with every VN ever, you avoid the common route bad end by getting on some girl's route.  So pick a girl and make every choice you can that results in spending more time with her (it's actually really easy; I usually get on one without even aiming for someone).  Though keep in mind the Shizuru and Akane routes are not available on a first playthrough.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:19:57 pm by Ixrec »