Author Topic: Muv Luv: General Discussion  (Read 216316 times)

Nerroth

Re: Muv Luv: General Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 03:24:24 pm »
The story should go Extra > Unlimited > Alternative* > Altered Fable.

*Alternative is in the same timeline as Total Eclipse, The Euro Front and other such stories - though the latter two are set in different areas.
Ire audaciter quo nemo ante iit.

Sirf*palot

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 05:38:48 pm »
Which game is "Total Eclipse, The Euro Front and other such stories" from? I'm sorry I sound stupid but I'm not familiar with the series.

Thanks

You made Mikuru Cry!!!

Marche90

• The Man with the Machine Gun
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 06:11:19 pm »
Well, it's understandable, if you don't know japanese.... >.>
But anyway, since it was chosen, I think  that it will be a really good VN. Just waiting for the first patch =)
"In my life, I've wandered everywhere... Around this world, hope would always be there."

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 06:11:50 pm »
If there is no room at the inn for the all-ages versions right now, is there scope for allowing someone to pick up that project in the future?

All it would amount to is someone hacking that version of the game and then reusing our translations, albeit a translator would be needed to deal with mild additions or alterations to the script, but I'd probably be willing to take that on as a side project later.

Also, will other Muv-Luv stories, such as Altered Fable and Total Eclipse, be that much more likely for consideration once Extra/Unlimited and Alternative are done?

Not immediately after, no, because ML and MLA combined is a damn long project and I will not want to do any more of it once that's finished. I *might* do some of the spinoff and fandisc content in the future, but don't count on it. I consider it far more likely that other translators will materialize out of nowhere to do that stuff long before I get to it (heck, LoSs already tried to do Total Eclipse).

So far as posting on the forum goes, should threads about some of the Alternative-related merchandise out there (from the Volks A3 models and the Figma of Mitsurugi Meiya to the Integral Works background book, to mention a few examples) go in the pre-existing mixed board, or will there be a dedicated Muv-Luv sub-board in which such options could be discussed?

A sub-board for a single franchise seems excessive. I'd say put it all in mixed, or under VN if it ties heavily into the actual visual novels.

And before anyone else asks, for clarifications on what games have what content and are based on what other games, just go to vndb. Seriously.
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

AQZT

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 06:18:05 pm »
And before anyone else asks, for clarifications on what games have what content and are based on what other games, just go to vndb. Seriously.
vndb is only good for release dates and ratings of games, and it is good for finding for what is based off what, but for finding descriptions of the actual content of games it's a little errrrr... lacking.

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »
I meant questions like who's in what's timeline and which is the sequel to what. It's fine for that.

Nagato

• にぱ~☆
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 07:11:47 pm »
I finished counting for the entire first Muv-Luv game. The stats are 62985 lines and 2562.91 kb (2.5mb) combined.

KoiNoDensetsu

• 「この世界の果てで恋を唄う少年KOINODENSETSU」きみのぞヤンデレ~~!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 07:50:49 pm »
Lol at least KoiNoDensetsu will agree with me when I say it's better than KGNE :)

No. >:(  KimiNozo is the obvious winner over anything!
(Okay, honestly, I can't have an opinion since I haven't played MuvLuv yet =P)

But wow, I sure have missed a lot...  Great to see that at least my second choice won.  All that's needed for Ammy to get the Absolute Epic TLer award is a KGNE translation after this. ;D

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Bring the world AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION of KimiNozo!!  This message is yandere-approved

Nerroth

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 11:52:44 pm »
All it would amount to is someone hacking that version of the game and then reusing our translations, albeit a translator would be needed to deal with mild additions or alterations to the script, but I'd probably be willing to take that on as a side project later.

I see - and I'll wait to see what may happen in that regard. (And if you do take it on, thank you in advance!)

Not immediately after, no, because ML and MLA combined is a damn long project and I will not want to do any more of it once that's finished. I *might* do some of the spinoff and fandisc content in the future, but don't count on it. I consider it far more likely that other translators will materialize out of nowhere to do that stuff long before I get to it (heck, LoSs already tried to do Total Eclipse).

Understood.

(As an aside, I've been a little confused about the Total Eclipse and The Euro Front stuff. Is the version of TE included with Altered Fable intended to be a preview of the story being told in Tech Gian? I'd seen somewhere that some standalone version of TE was to be released this year, but I wasn't sure if that was true or not. Also, I'm not quite sure where, aside from in the Hobby Japan monthlies, TEF is supposed to be found...)

A sub-board for a single franchise seems excessive. I'd say put it all in mixed, or under VN if it ties heavily into the actual visual novels.

Duly noted.

I checked there, but didn't see anything about The Euro Front, or what kind of story the version of Total Eclipse included with Altered Fable is meant to be...

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 12:37:18 am »

I checked there, but didn't see anything about The Euro Front, or what kind of story the version of Total Eclipse included with Altered Fable is meant to be...

'Muv-Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse' is a side story of Muv-Luv Alternative and a VN. It tells the story of pilots and engineers of the Alaska's Yukon base working on new Senjutsuki models.
~vndb

So yeah. Not much, but it is there.

Yes, it has no mention whatsoever of Euro Front, but I've never once heard of that myself so I am indifferent to that detail for now.

izmosmolnar

• Sings love at the bound of this world
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 01:54:37 am »
vndb is only good for release dates and ratings of games, and it is good for finding for what is based off what, but for finding descriptions of the actual content of games it's a little errrrr... lacking.
Yeah, well feel free to add stuff then if you think something is lacking.
It's a lot more useful than only for hunting down release dates.

AQZT

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 02:34:38 am »
Yeah, well feel free to add stuff then if you think something is lacking.
It's a lot more useful than only for hunting down release dates.
I would if I could, but I don't even know what half the games I look up are about, as they aren't English translated.

Nerroth

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 09:18:56 am »
'Muv-Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse' is a side story of Muv-Luv Alternative and a VN. It tells the story of pilots and engineers of the Alaska's Yukon base working on new Senjutsuki models.
~vndb

So yeah. Not much, but it is there.

Yes, it has no mention whatsoever of Euro Front, but I've never once heard of that myself so I am indifferent to that detail for now.

For the past few years, Total Eclipse has been expanded upon in Tech Gian - the most recent story update posted on the site was in late December - and published in a series of novels (shown on the same site that the Integral Works book is shown).

What I was wondering is how far the story in the VN included with Altered Fable goes, relative to the chapters currently being produced.

So far as The Euro Front goes, it's a similar ongoing storyline - but one published in Hobby Japan instead. (Some of the units shown in it are based on the Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale and so forth, in contrast to the Japanese, Russian and American units in other stories.)

However, they have already cast VAs for one or two of the characters - as shown in this video. I was wondering if there was anything more to it, in terms of having a version of TEF show up (if it hasn't already) in another medium.

(By the way, for anyone so inclined, there's a Japanese-language wiki for the Alternative timeline here. Indeed, on the Total Eclipse page, it says there will be an all-ages version out this year - though I'm not sure where the source, if any, for this happens to be... or if the statement is being plucked out of thin air or not.)

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 11:07:31 am »
Bookmarked. I'll check this stuff out later.

Nerroth

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 03:17:24 pm »
Cool.

By the way, I'd heard that the game engines for the original Muv-Luv and Alternative are different - and that the all-ages version of Muv-Luv was re-done to work on Alternative's engine.

Does anyone here know if this is true?