Author Topic: Coμ: Error Report Thread  (Read 22149 times)

Ixrec

• Administrator
Coμ: Error Report Thread
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:57:06 am »
Report any errors (typos, grammatical errors, installation errors, etc) you find when playing Comyu in this thread.

When reporting a technical problem please include the following information:
-Operating System
-System locale (please say if it's an emulated locale such as AppLocale or NTLEA)
-Where in the game the problem is occurring (scene name and some nearby lines if that's easier than taking a screenshot)
-Description of error
-Steps to reproduce problem
-Any additional information you think might be help
-Include screenshots if possible
-Please provide a save file near/at the problem area if possible (not required but will help a lot)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:56:05 pm by Ixrec »
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

Majaraja

Re: Coμ: Error Report Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:40:24 am »
Hello guys, here's the first error of the thread, a typo in an error!
http://gyazo.com/cb5c63cc1b4a81448eb972bc2d7ce974
I've searched around the net a bit and it looks like the error is saying the game won't work on Windows 8 64-bits. Great (not).
Edit: Ok, error solved. Just have to download this Win8WOH thing and extract it inside the main folder. https://mega.co.nz/#!B4hDHCTB!WhMGsWwbXqP2XmpMeq0JbyKKjgdvTC_whcijSRKc20Y
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:49:52 am by Majaraja »

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »
The top of the box says "KiriKiri" so I can see why there'd be typos in there.

Geofox

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 06:31:35 pm »
System: Windows 7-32 bit.
Locale: Japanese.
Problem: when I run the program, I get the message "authentication failed: unrecognized kernel32/ NM".
I already tried to run the program with compatibility mode, but it doesn't work.

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 02:39:35 am »
Weird, I think that's the kind of error message the Win8WOH thing is supposed to fix.  I guess you can try that even though you're on Win7?  We probably won't be able to do anything if that doesn't fix it since I'm pretty sure "unrecognized kernel" basically means "I don't recognize your OS so I don't want to run on it."

Aseran

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 03:45:02 am »
I found a typo, I can't provide any screenshots sorry but I'll include the scene name and describe it

Route: Benio
   Chapter: Conflagration
    Scene: Prevention Plan
    During Akihito's talk with Kagame, he mentions the Legion's leader name as "Mijima". Itsuki said that it        was "Mishima" in the prior phone call, which is inconsistent.

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 04:39:41 am »
Thanks, fixed.

panzer

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 04:50:03 am »
I have same problem as Geofox and it seems Win8WOH thing dosen't work with win 7 at least in my case
My system settings if it will help someone
System : Win 7 Ultimate Edition( Polish Version)
Locale : Japanese

imSuperbia

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 07:34:59 am »
Really... hmm. Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit windows? I believe the fix may only work for 64 bit windows. I do think though that I can see how I could get the fix's .dll to work for 32 bit windows as well, but I don't have a windows 7 machine to test any adjustments to change that. I know what to do though.

panzer

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 08:35:23 am »
32-bit version

imSuperbia

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:40 am »
Well, I said that, but the fix that had been advocated for windows 8 is only a patch for 64 bit versions, since that was the main cause of the error in the first place. I'm pretty sure that the game *should* run by default on 32 bit machines.

For the technical minded, the problem is that (I think):
  • On 64-bit windows, the core functionality for 32 bit programs is all kept in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
  • Whereas on 32-bit windows it is in C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll
  • Normally programs are automatically routed to use the correct folders.
  • But the comu.tpm in the plugins folder on kirikiri (essentially the encryption dll) tries to load the kernel32.dll file itself from the former directory (what I gather from information I have found using my shoddy japanese and google translate for some chinese stuff; thus this is relatively sketchy), rather than let the OS automatically do so.
  • But you can't change that file to fix the problem because it gets checked against a checksum signature before the game starts (to prevent cracking I assume), so any alterations will crash the game (or something like that)
SO
  • the patch that had been advocated basically forced the game to to load the kernel32.dll from the sysWOW64 folder (use the correct 32 bit kernel32.dll in 64 bit windows) without altering any files
As a result, the program should load up fine in 32 bit windows, due to it automatically using the correct folder's kernel32.dll (because on 32 bit, there is no 64 bit stuff - no sysWOW64)

Therefore, 32 bit windows shouldn't have any problems for this, but computers will be computers, and not work for no apparent reason   :(.
In other words, it is pretty annoying to fix unless I can read the patch's webpage well enough (I can't read moon-speak too well), and I have a windows 7 machine to test on.

imSuperbia

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 10:05:18 am »
I actually am starting to think that I was mistaken as to the actual source of the problem. If somebody could roughly translate the 2nd and 3rd sections of this: http://resemblances.click3.org/?p=1406 I might be able to fix the problem for 32 bit windows.

It hurts when Microsoft have bugs in their OS, and people code using them as a desired behaviour....

panzer

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 10:22:07 am »
Well, I said that, but the fix that had been advocated for windows 8 is only a patch for 64 bit versions, since that was the main cause of the error in the first place. I'm pretty sure that the game *should* run by default on 32 bit machines.

For the technical minded, the problem is that (I think):
  • On 64-bit windows, the core functionality for 32 bit programs is all kept in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
  • Whereas on 32-bit windows it is in C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll
  • Normally programs are automatically routed to use the correct folders.
  • But the comu.tpm in the plugins folder on kirikiri (essentially the encryption dll) tries to load the kernel32.dll file itself from the former directory (what I gather from information I have found using my shoddy japanese and google translate for some chinese stuff; thus this is relatively sketchy), rather than let the OS automatically do so.
  • But you can't change that file to fix the problem because it gets checked against a checksum signature before the game starts (to prevent cracking I assume), so any alterations will crash the game (or something like that)
SO
  • the patch that had been advocated basically forced the game to to load the kernel32.dll from the sysWOW64 folder (use the correct 32 bit kernel32.dll in 64 bit windows) without altering any files
As a result, the program should load up fine in 32 bit windows, due to it automatically using the correct folder's kernel32.dll (because on 32 bit, there is no 64 bit stuff - no sysWOW64)

Therefore, 32 bit windows shouldn't have any problems for this, but computers will be computers, and not work for no apparent reason   :(.
In other words, it is pretty annoying to fix unless I can read the patch's webpage well enough (I can't read moon-speak too well), and I have a windows 7 machine to test on.

I have found origin of my problem. It seems source from where i got the game (that and my not reading everything in description)  was the problem because the game itself was patched with Win8WOH from the begining thats why it didn't work from the start and i just replaced one fix with the same one, after realizing that and reading your post I deleted the fix and now it works just fine

anyway thanks for the help

imSuperbia

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 10:31:38 am »
Oh that's cool :)

I was really confused for a while there and was starting to misunderstand things I already knew  (Japanese documents do that to you). God, I need to learn jap.

If it works for 32 bit anyway, that's cool. Less work for me YAY

BettiePage

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 07:10:47 pm »
win7 64-bit
when playing the common route the 2nd time... Hisoka's audio is not voiced... even thou when you go into the config it is set to play and the test audio sample works.