Author Topic: Muv-Luv Error Report Thread  (Read 139356 times)

Nagato

• にぱ~☆
  • Administrator
Muv-Luv Error Report Thread
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:30:51 pm »
Post any problems you are having with the Muv-Luv patch in this thread. This can be technical or non-technical.

Please read the information in this post before reporting a technical problem.

Before reporting a technical problem, please check if the problem goes away if you move "mlhookv2.rpo" from the Plugins folder. If the problem still exists, DO NOT report the problem as it's out of our control.

When reporting a technical problem please include the following information:
Operating System:
System locale (please say if it's an emulated locale such as AppLocale or NTLEA):
In-game day the problem is occurring:
Description of error:
Steps to reproduce problem:
Any additional information you think might be help:
Include screenshots if possible.
Please provide a save file near/at the problem area if possible (not required but will help a lot).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:40:01 pm by Ixrec »

Temuthril

Re: Muv-Luv Error Report Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:24:36 am »
Really minor issue, but looks like there's a nonfunctional line break in the installer (\n).

Nagato

• にぱ~☆
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:34:40 am »
Thanks, fixed now and will appear in the next patch.

Nagato

• にぱ~☆
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:09:11 pm »
Just to save some time in the future in case someone comes to report something related to viruses. Here's a crosspost from /jp/ on the subject:

>>4884705
>>4884712
>>4885657
I don't think I've discussed it much publicly so I here's an explanation of what's going on.

The マブラヴ11.exe used by the retail version of Muv-Luv is protected by AlphaRom. It's a very poor attempt at protecting Muv-Luv since マブラヴ11.exe is simply a launcher for rugp.exe with game-specific arguments. The scan of that EXE will result in false-positive reports as seen here: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/3fbf00a2d73aa123d5302fef19e6c09902abd435c163c6f1c83928ea1df9f06a-1271291829

The マブラヴ11.exe included in the patch installer is an unprotected launcher for rugp.exe and includes a ridiculous resolution icon and is still half the size of the AlphaRom'd version of the EXE. Including a new マブラヴ11.exe was a requirement because the version of AlphaRom they protected the EXE with refuses to work on Windows 7 (x64, tested on two Win7 computers and one XP computer). Here is a scan of the EXE that's included in the installer: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/66c1cad17a109e49467d836f5e261c53c4e44e8fb2dcbec9d1a22d4fbd30e9e6-1271291303

Edit: Grammar failure.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:15:43 pm by Nagato »

KoiNoDensetsu

• 「この世界の果てで恋を唄う少年KOINODENSETSU」きみのぞヤンデレ~~!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:43:02 pm »
Found minor mistakes.

There should be a comma between "Yeah" and "I". (Edit: this screen appears on October 22nd)

If I am not mistaken, this should be "I got accepted by Hakuryou!!" since the college is what is doing the accepting. (Edit: Obviously, this screen is at the beginning)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:48:29 pm by KoiNoDensetsu »

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Bring the world AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION of KimiNozo!!  This message is yandere-approved

KoiNoDensetsu

• 「この世界の果てで恋を唄う少年KOINODENSETSU」きみのぞヤンデレ~~!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:46:14 pm »
Also, I have been making notes about the various KGNE references in Muv-Luv.

Here is what I have found so far:

Hakuryou: The college characters from KGNE strive to attend.
Sky Temple: The restaurant Takayuki, Ayu, and Mayu work at in Chapter 2 of KGNE.
Gouda: The protagonist of Akane Maniax.  Insanely infatuated with Suzumiya Akane.  Quite the stalker.

I will continue to note any references I see.  Use them in the readme if you like.

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Bring the world AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION of KimiNozo!!  This message is yandere-approved

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 12:18:13 am »
Both of those "mistakes" feel subjective to me, they're fine as is. If an editor disagrees he/she may go change the scripts accordingly.
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

kViN

• Amaterasu Translations Staff
  • SHAAAAA!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:14:05 am »
Also, I have been making notes about the various KGNE references in Muv-Luv.

Here is what I have found so far:

Hakuryou: The college characters from KGNE strive to attend.
Sky Temple: The restaurant Takayuki, Ayu, and Mayu work at in Chapter 2 of KGNE.
Gouda: The protagonist of Akane Maniax.  Insanely infatuated with Suzumiya Akane.  Quite the stalker.

I will continue to note any references I see.  Use them in the readme if you like.

There's a shit-ton of obscure references, mostly to mecha stuff, and I don't think anyone is willing to note all of them. Also, even though some of them made me laugh, if you don't get them at first they won't ever be funny so it would be a bit useless. 

ZeroBlitz

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 10:30:18 am »
In the Settings menu under the Sound tab: "Stop voice when next line is by the same character is spoken".

Remove the first 'is' or possibly edit it to: "Stop voice when next line is spoken by the same character".

Nagato

• にぱ~☆
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:38:57 am »
That is now fixed and ready for the next patch.

BeadlyDastard

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:24:22 pm »
I'm running it on Windows XP, and I'm not using Applocale or anything; I just changed the system language to run Japanese.  The problem I've experienced is that the auto-read function sometimes jumps ahead to the next script without completely displaying the previous, even at the slowest setting.

Nagato

• にぱ~☆
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 08:39:04 pm »
That sounds pretty weird and I'm not quite sure if that's the result of my hacks or not. The hacks can't modify things like what script is being displayed, or modify the actions on screen (it can only do text and images). If you want to test to see if it's a result or the hack or not, do the following:
1) Make a backup of the Vmreg folder in your Muv-Luv installation folder
2) Make a backup of the DLLs, EXEs, and data.ami that is inside the Muv-Luv installation folder
3) Copy the DLLs and EXEs from the existing backup folder made by the installer to restore the original data

This is the first time I've ever heard of this kind of bug so I'm curious to hear what the results will be.

BeadlyDastard

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 09:32:29 pm »
I did as you suggested, and let the autoread run on the original.  I don't think that it cut anything off, but I can't really read Japanese, so I could be wrong.  I'm just going by "did I see any periods or closing quotation marks before it moved on to the next text?" Anyways, it's not the kind of thing that a screenshot can capture, so here's a video of the issue:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmljzgmhmoo

I don't know if it'll help, but that's what it looks like when I say that it "skips" some text.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:35:32 pm by BeadlyDastard »

Nagato

• にぱ~☆
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 10:05:30 pm »
Ahh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant it was skipping entire scripts at once. Auto read is based on the length of the voice (if one is present) and not the text. You can increase the text speed to max which will cause the line to fully display right away. There's not much I can do about this problem.

BeadlyDastard

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:52:25 pm »
Okay, thanks.  That's what I'll do.