Author Topic: The 'What are you currently Playing?' Thread  (Read 68154 times)

Kiru

Re: The 'What are you currently Playing?' Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 09:08:33 am »
Okami

The (somewhat) sleepy wolf/sun-goddess Amaterasu or nicknamed Ammy.
Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Don't know how people here got their groupname.

Anyway, nice game. Quite a shame I never played it until now... even though I had the game here for quite a while now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:10:05 am by Kiru »

KoiNoDensetsu

• 「この世界の果てで恋を唄う少年KOINODENSETSU」きみのぞヤンデレ~~!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 10:19:20 pm »
Final Fantasy X International came in the mail today.  LOL the dub is absolutely horrendous for some of the characters.  I thought that since it was a Japanese game, it wouldn't just give an option for Japanese TEXT... >_>  I'm debating whether to download an undubbed version.  But then I would have to buy a modchip... Dx

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Bring the world AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION of KimiNozo!!  This message is yandere-approved

Moriken

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 04:06:07 pm »
Final Fantasy X International came in the mail today.  LOL the dub is absolutely horrendous for some of the characters.  I thought that since it was a Japanese game, it wouldn't just give an option for Japanese TEXT... >_>  I'm debating whether to download an undubbed version.  But then I would have to buy a modchip... Dx

FFX? Dub? All I can say is Tidus+Yuna: "Ha ha ha ha ha!"
It will be reminded for generations to come! @[email protected]

Auron is pretty cool in English though. And some of the side-characters actors are better than the Japanese ones (O'aka, Meichen), but especially Yuna blows in the US-dub. Since I'm not a native speaker, I also didn't mind Wakka's fake Jamaican-whatever-accent and probably some other things. But still, the only really decent dub of a Japanese game I know of is FFXII.

KoiNoDensetsu

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 06:39:18 pm »

FFX? Dub? All I can say is Tidus+Yuna: "Ha ha ha ha ha!"
It will be reminded for generations to come! @[email protected]

Auron is pretty cool in English though. And some of the side-characters actors are better than the Japanese ones (O'aka, Meichen), but especially Yuna blows in the US-dub. Since I'm not a native speaker, I also didn't mind Wakka's fake Jamaican-whatever-accent and probably some other things. But still, the only really decent dub of a Japanese game I know of is FFXII.

I actually like Tiida/Tidus/SexyGay's voice.  The English VA fits both his personality and face.  The only problem I have is the lipsinc fail and the (sometimes) sub-par acting.  Auron is okay from what I have seen so far.  Same with Wakka. (though it gets cheesy at times xD)

But everyone else sucks.  Yuuna sounds like she is chocking on something.  Ryukku/Rikku sounds like she is a grown-woman trying to sound cute.  All of the kids/old people sound like they have Incurable Disease.
And I just found out all of the International versions only have English voice acting...  WHY SQUARE?!?! Dx

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Bring the world AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION of KimiNozo!!  This message is yandere-approved

Marche90

• The Man with the Machine Gun
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »
Lol... IMHO, the only publisher that have amazing VA in every damn game that they publish is Atlus (Tried the normal and undubbed version of P4... the english dub was a hell lot better)
oh, but I'm kinda liking the one that FFXIII has (only played half an hour of it, so yeah... xD)
EDIT: oh, that reminded me, Koi, why don't you try PCSX2, the emulator? you need a decent computer to run it but is better than modding your ps2 if you don't want to
"In my life, I've wandered everywhere... Around this world, hope would always be there."

KoiNoDensetsu

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 06:34:16 pm »
Hm, I really should try out an emulator sometime.  I just don't like to pirate games.  But I guess it's fine since I already purchased X.

Anyway, X is really fun.  I think I am going to like it more than VIII.  I am getting used to the crappy voice acting, but Yuna is still really bad.  I like Tiida's VA, but he doesn't know how to act in some of the scenes.  Bleh.  At least it's fun.

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Marche90

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 07:58:59 pm »
Actually you can run the game from your DVD drive with that emu, just pop it in and select the correct plugins
"In my life, I've wandered everywhere... Around this world, hope would always be there."

KoiNoDensetsu

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 09:07:00 pm »
Lol well that would kind of defeat the purpose since it would still be undubbed....  I already have a JP PS2 to play games on.

I hope for a KimiNozo~
I wish for a KimiNozo~
I nozomu for a KimiNozo~

Mohlt

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 05:00:16 pm »
Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia, a difficult game, more difficult than Castlevania SofN. Does "Casual games generation" :D dulled my skills or it's just targeted to hardcore guys?

Uploaded gameplay video to youtube, as as most games I play via emulator
One of the easiest bosses.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:04:33 pm by IVXXX »
I want to go on a date! We'll play MMORPGs all night long! And then I want you to confess your love to me by saying 'let's grind together, baby!

Marche90

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 06:40:50 pm »
Ugh... I don't want to know anything about emulators for a while.
Yesterday I started to play TLOZ: Majora's Mask via the N64 emulator for the HBC...
All was fine and dandy, until I got to the first temple (already had done some sidequest for more masks and items) and, Oh Surprise! the game decided to crash on me and I hadn't saved since the first time you play the Ocarina of Time ¬¬
4 hours went to waste ;_;

As soon as I have a working internet connection and some money to buy points I will buy that game from the VC. Sure, it will be a bit more expensive, but at least I hope that it will not crash on me again

maitrenuage

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 05:05:49 am »
Finaly ! I'm done with FF13. (and lol for the "poison" trick for the last boss).

Before I try Eternal SOnata, I must do the extra mission of Valkyria Chronicles.
Imouto Ijime - TL 100% - TLC1 100% - TLC2 100% - QC 7/17 - EDIT 7/17

Marche90

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 11:53:10 am »
Yay! got some new games, which I should be finishing before the summer ends:

-Trauma Center: Second Opinion
-Super Paper Mario
-Tales of Symphonia (I still need to get a memory card, though)

And I should be buying Persona 3 Portable in a few days (Sadly, no money for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It looks amazing!)

DxS

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 10:57:22 am »
Half-Minute Hero for the PSP,
The Hero's game is incredibly fun and addicting.

I'm also about to start Mana  Khemia: Student Alliance for the PSP because one of my friends played it and said that it was good.

maitrenuage

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 12:00:27 pm »
Playing Eternal Sonata... Epic loli quest... :D

And I managed to get a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 on ebay (should receive it next week).
Since King of fighters 13 won't be out before I don't know how many months, I'll go for SSF4... unfortunately.
Imouto Ijime - TL 100% - TLC1 100% - TLC2 100% - QC 7/17 - EDIT 7/17

Catastrophe

• CONFOUND these ponies
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 03:12:36 pm »
Playing Eternal Sonata... Epic loli quest... :D

And I managed to get a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 on ebay (should receive it next week).
Since King of fighters 13 won't be out before I don't know how many months, I'll go for SSF4... unfortunately.
then why the fuck didnt you go BlazBlue?
"Do you believe in the world they made for you
Do you belong or do you try to
Erase yourself just to pass as one of them,
a different day today, and that was then"