Author Topic: Sekien no Inganock: General Discussion  (Read 83326 times)

Ixrec

• Administrator
Re: Sekien no Inganock: General Discussion
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2009, 02:37:23 am »
That's just part of the general WAB mythos. Also I sorta figured it out way before it was specified ingame, so I'm gonna have to say it wasn't random. Yes, some form of interdimensional travel is a given, but considering the fantastic mythos Inganock has all on its own, that's not really surprising. Odds are it was detailed in the world-building of Souten no Celenaria.
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

ZeroBlitz

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2009, 09:03:01 pm »
I just finished and I have to say I thought the ending was awesome. After Chapter 12, the Kurtz and Grand Prince chapters were my favourites. Chapters 1, 3, 4 and 11 probably come next. I found the rest about equal.

I loved the art, characters, world/mythos of Inganock and overall story. The voice acting is some of the most beautiful I've ever heard - particularly Ruaha and Kia, though all of the voice actors do an incredible job. The music was very good but suffered slightly from the lack of tracks. Translation was excellent and smooth, as expected. Congratulations on a job well done once again.

What kind of things are covered in the web novels? Maybe something to explain what Ralph was doing?

This really has me hoping for an eventual translation of Shikkoku no Sharnoth ~what a beautiful tomorrow~ or Hikari no Valcia ~What a beautiful hopes~.

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2009, 11:07:19 pm »
I will now cease holding back on spoiler content. Do not look down if you haven't finished the game.

There are two main things I think most people are going to expect/demand of the webnovels:

1) Clock's backstory
2) what happened to Ati after the events of the VN

The webnovels deliver on both counts. Though not in an exceedingly thorough way, it felt very satisfying and very conclusive to me. If you felt any differently about the VN, expect to feel the same way about the webnovels. There is other stuff too ofc.

Randolph narrates a lot of it, so you'll get a ton more hints, but no real explanations. That and some things introduced in the webnovels are basically left up to your imagination, though I'm guessing the other WABs will explain more.

And this comment I made on the blog may be of interest to you:
...as far as I know, I basically have a monopoly on all the great Liarsoft titles since no one else we have any reason to take seriously has expressed interest in them. This means I’m guaranteed to do them eventually, assuming they all get 8s or higher from me. Hard to imagine Sharnoth won’t.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:15:31 pm by Ixrec »

ZeroBlitz

« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2009, 05:36:27 am »
...I have no idea how my memory renamed Randolph to Ralph. Posting at 4am might be part of it though. ^^;

And yep, I saw that comment. In this case it seems like either we'll wait a few years for Amaterasu to get around to them (unless one is amazing and you bump it up in priority) or someone else decides to, because of SnI, and takes years anyway. Of course, I'd prefer your translations.

I haven't seen it mentioned here or when lurking on #ammy so, have you decided on what you're reading after RuiTomo?

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »
Ah right, I generally avoid the public channel for that sort of discussion. Still, my decision on what to read is pretty much set in stone so no reason not to leak it.

After RuiTomo, eden*, 11eyes, and KimiNozo in that order (mostly because of length). It's quite likely I'll make the official announcement before I finish all of them, especially if RuiTomo takes me until January to finish (I didn't think it was this long).

DxS

« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2009, 03:45:39 pm »
Ah right, I generally avoid the public channel for that sort of discussion. Still, my decision on what to read is pretty much set in stone so no reason not to leak it.

After RuiTomo, eden*, 11eyes, and KimiNozo in that order (mostly because of length). It's quite likely I'll make the official announcement before I finish all of them, especially if RuiTomo takes me until January to finish (I didn't think it was this long).

Well that's nice to know, have fun reading them.

meisnewbie

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2009, 08:31:01 am »
I'll just say that the reactions to the game confuse the hell out of me. And leave it at that.

Oh right, and that people who dislike Kia need to be majime

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2009, 07:18:55 pm »
http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/webnovel/

The first webnovel is now available in English.

There are eight webnovels in total. We will release about one every week, from the same page as above. Only this first release will get an official announcement, though later ones will likely be mentioned in #Ammy or somewhere here on the forums.

DxS

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2009, 10:07:02 pm »
http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/webnovel/

The first webnovel is now available in English.

There are eight webnovels in total. We will release about one every week, from the same page as above. Only this first release will get an official announcement, though later ones will likely be mentioned in #Ammy or somewhere here on the forums.

Dam, that was pretty fast, thanks for the hard work!

Wasabixi

« Reply #129 on: December 25, 2009, 02:35:18 pm »
Overall the game is fantastic, this is probably one of the few VNs(the other two is probably 2 type-moon VNs) that i read thoroughly without skipping a single line (included h-scenes).

The setting and what happened with Ati  kinda rub me the wrong way, otherwise it's great, 1 point better than Swan Song.

Thank you, Amaterasu staff, for bringing this awesome visual novel to my attention as well as translating it (no thanks for the fact that it's extremely rare and expensive though), it's a great Christmas present.

I wish you all a merry Christmas.

schpariel

« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2009, 11:21:05 pm »
This game was beautiful. I cannot thank you enough for translating it. I look forward to reading the rest of the visual novels you choose to translate; in picking this as a project, you have shown your taste to be peerless. Snatching up Cross Channel now.

Kiru

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2009, 02:17:26 am »
So, 1/3 done and just a short résumé: Kia is FAR too cute.

Oh and I will not become an Ati-fanboy and thus be at the smaller Kia-fraction or something. :D

DxS

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2009, 09:24:08 am »
So, 1/3 done and just a short résumé: Kia is FAR too cute.

Oh and I will not become an Ati-fanboy and thus be at the smaller Kia-fraction or something. :D

You sir have bad taste =P

Sirf*palot

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2009, 12:21:28 pm »
I concur with DxS. Lol.  ;D
You made Mikuru Cry!!!

DxS

« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2009, 05:17:46 pm »
I concur with DxS. Lol.  ;D

Jolly good my good sir.