Author Topic: Sekien no Inganock: General Discussion  (Read 83327 times)

Shikiller

• Keyfag
Re: Sekien no Inganock: General Discussion
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2009, 09:56:12 pm »
Kia is adorable, you heartless beasts ;_;

DxS

« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »
Kia is adorable, you heartless beasts ;_;

Ati is jsut way betar =P

Moogy

• TLWiki
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2009, 04:40:45 pm »
Ruaha is the best character and Aoyama Yukari's performance as her is simply superb. I am saddened that people care more about the resolution to Ati's arc than hers. :[

Glanced through the web novels in Japanese earlier; definitely looking forward to them.

Inganock is a wonderful game that will sadly go under-appreciated and misunderstood by the western fanbase - much like anything that isn't TYPE-MOON or Umineko. But I digress.

Overall, I would give Inganock a 95 or 96, placing it in my top three. Thanks for translating it, Ixrec.
TLWiki owner/admin

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2009, 05:16:13 pm »
Welcome, Moogy.

Now just imagine what you'll think of Liarsoft's allegedly better games (definitely Forest and *big maybes* Sharnoth or Kusarihime).

Also, good news: Ruaha's and Ati's endings both get addressed in the webnovels. Although Ati's gets far more attention (duh) both got more than enough to satisfy me.
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

maitrenuage

« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2009, 06:15:27 pm »
So, 1/3 done and just a short résumé: Kia is FAR too cute.

Oh and I will not become an Ati-fanboy and thus be at the smaller Kia-fraction or something. :D
2/3 done and I'm definitively in the Kia faction.
Everytime I hear her voice I wonder how it's possible to have a voice like that. Isn't it the same seiryu as the one who voiced chie in Kirakira, Antoinette in YMK, ...
Good job !
Imouto Ijime - TL 100% - TLC1 100% - TLC2 100% - QC 7/17 - EDIT 7/17

DxS

« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2009, 02:58:10 pm »
Welcome, Moogy.

Now just imagine what you'll think of Liarsoft's allegedly better games (definitely Forest and *big maybes* Sharnoth or Kusarihime).

Also, good news: Ruaha's and Ati's endings both get addressed in the webnovels. Although Ati's gets far more attention (duh) both got more than enough to satisfy me.

That's nice then, I should check out the webnovels.

maitrenuage

« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2010, 03:33:13 pm »
That's it.. I finished it.
In the past I would have raged because of the lack of answers... (I remember the good old time and the end of evangelion... lol) but now I can enjoy this kind of free ending.

There is just one thing I'm not sure if it was explained or not : who is the boy who was saved by the 3 kids ? shota Gii or Lemure ?

Oh and just to start again a troll because I love Ati : It was normal from Gii to throw her up... Gii was obviously into nekomimi so since she turned back into a normal human and since I doubt you can buy cat ears in Inganock, Ati was useless for Gii.
You should never give up on your fetish (love & collage)

EDIT : and thanks again for this translation ;)
I didn't vote for this VN because I tought it wouldn't be a good one but now I realize how wrong I was. 8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:37:32 pm by maitrenuage »
Imouto Ijime - TL 100% - TLC1 100% - TLC2 100% - QC 7/17 - EDIT 7/17

DxS

« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2010, 05:14:54 pm »
That's it.. I finished it.
In the past I would have raged because of the lack of answers... (I remember the good old time and the end of evangelion... lol) but now I can enjoy this kind of free ending.

There is just one thing I'm not sure if it was explained or not : who is the boy who was saved by the 3 kids ? shota Gii or Lemure ?

Oh and just to start again a troll because I love Ati : It was normal from Gii to throw her up... Gii was obviously into nekomimi so since she turned back into a normal human and since I doubt you can buy cat ears in Inganock, Ati was useless for Gii.
You should never give up on your fetish (love & collage)

EDIT : and thanks again for this translation ;)
I didn't vote for this VN because I tought it wouldn't be a good one but now I realize how wrong I was. 8)

Oh god the memmories.

I feel the same way though, I originally didn't vote for Ignarock because the premise seemed boring, oh how wrong I was

kViN

• Amaterasu Translations Staff
  • SHAAAAA!
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2010, 06:50:02 pm »

I was sure it was Porshion but I've seen so many people asking this that I'm starting to wonder whether it was just me overinterpretating or not.

heypeople

« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2010, 01:03:06 am »

I was sure it was Porshion but I've seen so many people asking this that I'm starting to wonder whether it was just me overinterpretating or not.

I also believe that it was Porshion because he said something about his hand not being metallic anymore.

Mazyrian

« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2010, 08:44:55 am »
I also think it was Porshion; the only candidates could be him or Gii, because of the people there were at the moment, and it couldn't have been Gii because he speaks of him in third person; it was Gii and Kia who gave him life.

DxS

« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2010, 11:16:21 am »
I also think it was Porshion; the only candidates could be him or Gii, because of the people there were at the moment, and it couldn't have been Gii because he speaks of him in third person; it was Gii and Kia who gave him life.

That could make sense then.

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2010, 12:02:39 pm »
Regarding the Porshion thing, it was pretty much (though not quite) explicitly stated at the end of the game, and it is in fact confirmed in one of the later webnovels. If you care, here's Porshion with those three kids: http://www.liar.co.jp/ing_novel0206kgpb.html The image itself isn't spoiler, though the voice might be if you can understand it, but no one should have trouble hearing the name "Porshion" come up.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:04:29 pm by Ixrec »
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

Mazyrian

« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2010, 08:57:14 am »
One question: is there some way to know which particular voice file correspond to each dialog? I extracted the voices, but don't really want to search the 4k+ of them to find the one I want (I'm wanting the one with the clown saying "Konnichiwa, Gii")

Metarail

• local sperger on various things
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2010, 03:48:38 am »
Finally managed to finish this. In the end I ended up enjoying Inganock less than I tough I would. It's not bad and I certainly understand why someone could see it great, but I myself didn't enjoy those elements that would make it that great I think. I just found Inganock flat out boring for me and after the ending I was just like "that's it? that's the end? moving on"

Well, now for some comments:
The translation was pretty good so no complaints there. Inganock was pretty unique experience, but uniques =/= good, for me. I found the art to be unique, but generally I'm pretty indifferent in art and it generally doesn't affect my opinion, unless I find the art appealing to my tastes or ugly. And then theres the voice acting, altough it was good, how it was used just rubbed me the wrong way. Firstof all it was only partial, well that isn't really the biggest problem, but it is still a problem for me as it highlihted the one problem for me, and that is when it's used. First of all if you are going to use partial voice, then use it in right parts to increase the scenes impact, but noooo most of times it used in places that I couldn't care less, yes I would been fine even with less voice acting, just don't put in those useless chatter sessions (cut them out) and retain them at the right places to make greater impact. Well altough I found it neat that the narration was sometimes voiced. Also the music kinda were good also, but there was too little number of tracks and some of the tracks got bit of  repetitive at times.

Generally when I play VNs I play them for characters, emotions, immersion and story. And Inganock failed to appeal any of those for me.
For character heavy story, I didn't find the characters appealing and didn't like most of the characters at all. Only characters I kinda liked were Kerkan, Iru and Ati, and there was too little of Kerkan and Iru. Well some of the chapter characters were nice too, but they were like "chapters over wheres the trashbin?" and were never seen again... so yeah. And then there Ruaha and Kia who I just flat out hated, especialy Kia, goddamit she was annoying as it was more like this character is moe and can't do no bad and so on, so like her. It didn't help that she felt too out of the place. Well usually I don't hate her stereotype but Kia just managed to annoy me to no end. *prepares to dodge all the stuff that angry Kia hordes might throw at me*.
Normally when I read things I try to find emotion in them, whatever it's sadnesss, happiness, adrenaline, rage, fullfillment, etc. But with Inganock I didn't really feel any of them (except maybe at the chapter 11), but this is heavily reliant on personal tastes and characters. So this changes to person to person. For me I just didn't feel that much anything.
As for Story and Immersion, how eveything was build Inganock had it pretty well with background information and managed to build interesting setting, but it just didn't make full use of all the possibilities it provided. And the story was way too episodic and how chapters were way too similar to each other and didn't connect well to overall plot, altough they fitted the overall theme. Also the how the story was building it seemed there was something quite epic going at the background, but it failed and the resolution was underwhelming. Also the inner voices was pretty great exposition tool in my opinion, but how it was made as mini-game and how not fully completing it you could miss things and so on made it kinda irritating.

Overall Inganock was a bit of let down for me, but no means it was a bad, it was just avarage in my opinion. And I understand how some people would like it a lot. But it just seems that WAB series isn't for my tastes. As for small comparison to Sharnoth which I played long time ago (I mainly played for the whole setting gimmick, who wouldn't want to play as Agatha Chistie?). I'd say that I enjoyed Sharnoth more, but I found Inganock better constructed. But in the end I'd say they are pretty equal on my eyes. Also they are way too similar to each other in some sense.
For the sake of the Blue Sky and Everlasting Memories
---
Local sperger of Machina Chronicle, Dir-Lifyna, Baldr Sky, Grisaia, and other stuff