Author Topic: Shikkoku no Sharnoth: General Discussion Thread  (Read 31826 times)

Ixrec

• Administrator
Shikkoku no Sharnoth: General Discussion Thread
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »
You know what to do. Use spoiler tags liberally.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:38:59 pm by Ixrec »
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

Raide

• Amaterasu Translations Staff
  • KSDev
Re: Shikkoku no Sharnoth: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »
Unofficial Shikkoku no Sharnoth Keyword Database http://tinyurl.com/sharnoth

Beware, spoilers.

Mirrored

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 12:06:46 am »
Q: Does my performance on the minigame change anything? I trapped two of the faeries and got a message that I earned a bonus cg. I could have trapped the rest but wanted to GTFO, but I could have gotten the others. Should I try to trap all of them? Will I get a bad end if I don't?

Raide

• KSDev
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:38:21 am »
Your performance at second half of minigame only unlock bonus CGs in the gallery (MIGHT BE SPOILERY http://i.imgur.com/xtWJL.jpg ). There will be no bad end as long as you clear the primary objection of each stages (find all the Four Voices in first half, reach the goal at second half).

If you want to clear all the bonus CGs without bothering with the trapping etc, you can get the 100% savedata. It's available on the docs http://tinyurl.com/sharnoth

Kiru

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:57:10 am »
You know, such a surprise release is actually kinda nice. Well I guessed it was in the works, but it actually being released is still totally different. :D
Because of the way the vn-com works, with all those update-information, I never had such a (pleasant) surprise before... only disappointments with projects dying. Lack of information isn't always a bad thing, though it's my problem anyway that I have to go to jp every sunday to check a certain flame-thread...

Anyway, thanks for the release(s). Inganock is still one of my favorite VNs, so I'm sure that this is just the thing for me. Actually I was really looking forward to this VN for quite some time. That's part of why I'm so happy about this surprise-release. Not every VN could do that.
Now, someone please give me some extra time. I still have to read this of course, MLA, the recently released Katahane, have to catch up on airing anime, bought "dragon age: origins ultimate edition" and am currently playing Xenoblade, the time-sink number 1.  Oh and big backlog is there as well, but everyone has one I guess. One month free period left. Probably enough to finish Xenoblade... and nothing else.

Well, that aside, I'll probably read this relatively "soon"... if I can get away from Xenoblade. That game is quite addicting and fun.

Moogy

• TLWiki
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 03:41:52 am »
仔猫って言わないで! is the best part of this game. Discuss.
TLWiki owner/admin

Mirrored

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 09:37:19 pm »
After hearing 3 voices, all the monsters turn to "pursue" mode right?

Ixrec

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 09:40:06 pm »
After hearing 3 voices, all the monsters turn to "pursue" mode right?

I don't honestly remember. I never attempted to figure out the details of the AI since it seemed pretty random whether they would or would not kill you when given the chance, so I focused on avoiding situations where they even had the option.
My ratings and reviews of all the VNs I've ever read:
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/blog/?page_id=1481
Enjoy disagreeing with me.

molitar

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 06:59:17 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks for whoever put the game save up.. the stupid mini game I don't know how anyone ever defeated it.. the enemy have more movement than you.. they cut you off instead of following you and their is more of them than you so I got up to 3 than would be penned between them and you can't run past any of them so that's it game over with no chance.  Stupidest mini game I have ever played.

Raide

• KSDev
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 03:02:51 am »
the enemy have more movement than you
You know that Mary can move 3 and 5 squares at one turn, right? The Black Faeries can only move 1-2 squares at a time, while Metacreatures move 3-4 at most. How are they have more movement than you?

molitar

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 09:08:41 am »
Because you only have so many sprints and dashes.. and twice that I played I kept losing sprints and dashes with them cards.  Not only that I could never get the fourth voice because they would surround me and I could not get to it..   The second part is easy only have one destination but the first part is absurd.. 4 voices with all them creatures pursuing you.. oh and the card where they pursue you for 2 turns.. hahhh!  Two turns BS!  When I had that card they pursued me for about 4 or 5 turns..  I could not accomplish getting more than 3 voices because every single time I would get surrounded and all exits blocked trying to get the 4th voice every time.  Horrible mini game.

Mirrored

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 09:58:51 am »
I actually found the mini game pretty fun. You need to learn how to position yourself to get them to move to areas that are advantageous for you. Also, you can determine where all of the voices are, exactly, for each level by just running along one edge.

You don't always have to move on a turn and sometimes you will want to take a hit in order to prevent yourself from being blocked. All of the card options are really easy once you figure out "them cards" and there's only one or two unavoidable bad cards.

I'd probably skip it if presented with the option, but I don't think it's a bad game. Plus the pacing of the story is really really really slow so it breaks up a lot of the tediousness.

kidlat020

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:58 am »
Because you only have so many sprints and dashes
the sprints and dashes should be more than enough to get all the 4 voices. you probably just have to look at the minimap every turn and predict where will 'they' go.

this is also said in the tutorial, but you can, say, use sprint (5 moves), move only 2 squares, check the 'voices', then move again at the appropriate box before ending the turn.

仔猫って言わないで!

translated as[spoiler] "don't call me kitty".[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:31:27 pm by kidlat020 »

Haruna

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 09:12:25 am »
I just finished it. I loved it a lot even more than Inganock. But when I finished it I had this really bad feeling in my stomache... I liked Inganocks ending but this ending just made me feel horrible. Reading the translation of the ending lyrics only made me feel worse...

kidlat020

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 03:13:46 pm »
Currently reached the sixth minigame, where Mary "figured out" who the culprit is.

[spoiler]Personally, I don't buy it. It would have been too simple if Bram was the culprit or the host. It also doesn't explain anything about Charlie's month-long sleep.

Speaking of Charlie, the human physiology tells me that you can't simply eat while sleeping (unconscious sleep, on top of that). I'm utterly surprised that she (or Donna) had managed to maintain her upkeep. Or maybe it's all due to medical treatment? If so, what kind of advanced medicinal research had Britain reached in Victorian age?

and I'm missing a very critical info: the metacreatures. where did they came from? how are they manifested? and what about the 'process' for someone to be its host? Or maybe the whole metacreature crap is just some Umineko parody?[/spoiler]